Can you help in giving information?
Q: Have you or a family member ever lived in Local Authority care?
Q: Have you or a family member ever witnessed another child being physically, sexually or emotionally abused?
Q: Have you ever experienced abuse?
Q: Have you ever worked in Local Authority, in a Children’s Home, Repsite Centre or Care Home and witnessed abuse?
Q: Have you been too afraid to tell anyone or worried about the consequences?
Statistics suggest that:
- 1 out of every four children in the UK has been abused
- 38% of girls are sexually abused before the age of 18
- 16% of boys are sexually abused before the age of 18
- 90 -95% of all sexual abuse cases go unreported to police
- Only 5% of people abused report the abuse for fear of not being believed.
It is clear that abuse is not being reported and is going undetected. Thousands of victims of abuse might be eligible for compensation. By reporting the abuse this might prevent others from being abused and might help others who are looking for evidence to support their own claims.
Whether you are a victim of abuse, a witness to abuse , have lived or worked in an environment where abuse has taken place or have any information which you wish to discuss on a confidential basis, please help us to help others by contacting any of the following: