Simpson Millar LLP Solicitors is part of Fairpoint Group PLC. We may share information held about you with Fairpoint Group PLC for administration and accounting purposes and providing we have your consent so that we can send you relevant information on the services that may interest you offered by companies within the Fairpoint Group PLC.
In order that we can provide you with a better user experience we sometimes place small data files on a user’s computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone known as cookies. These data files do not store personal information about you, but merely about the choices you make when navigating our website and are used purely for analytical purposes.
More information about cookies in general can be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Analytics – eg how visitors use our website
We use Google Analytics to store information about how visitors use our website in order that we may make improvements and provide visitors with a better user experience.
Internet based Advertising: We use Google Analytics tracking code to support Google Display Advertising features such as Re-marketing to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website or on our adverts.
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features you use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out). Google Analytics’ opt-outs for the web.
Examples of cookies set:
- Cookie Name: _utma; Typical content: This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits your site, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.; Expires: 2 years
- Cookie Name: _utmb; Typical content: This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. When a user views a page on your site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on your site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals
- Cookie Name: _utmc; Typical content: this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user; Expires as soon as you exit your browser
- Cookie Name: _utmz; Typical content: This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within your own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site and expires after 6 months
- An IP or Internet Protocol Address is a unique numerical address assigned to a computer as it logs on to the internet. Simpson Millar LLP do not have access to any personal identifiable information and we would never seek this information. Your IP address is logged when visiting our site, but our analytic software only uses this information to track how many visitors we have from particular regions.
Cookie – Consent
Using the Cookie Control
You may have noticed a diamond shape image appearing in the bottom left hand corner of our website. This is a cookie control which informs you what type of cookies are being set.
Please note that if you turn off cookie consent using the Cookie Control it will insert a cookie to remember that you have revoked consent called “civicAllowCookies”.
Giving or removing consent using your browser
You are completely in control of cookies stored on your device and can view/delete them at any time using settings in your browser, for instance, to refuse all cookies in:
- IE Browsers click “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and choosing “Block all cookies”
- Google Chrome Browsers click “spanner icon”, “Settings”, “under the bonnet”, “content settings” and then choosing “Block sites from setting any data”
- Firefox browsers click “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy” and ticking the option to not track you etc
- Safari browsers click “Settings”, “Preferences”, “Privacy” and selecting the appropriate cookie options
- Mobiles – open up the internet, select “settings” then look under the “privacy” section to adjust your cookie settings
Note: Obstructing all cookies could, however, have an adverse impact upon the usability of this website and many others on the internet.
Personal data that you provide to Simpson Millar LLP will be used to provide services you request from us and also to enable us to deal with your enquiry. We may add your personal data to our database and use that data to send you information about products and services which may interest you.
Simpson Millar LLP may contact you about additional products and services, should you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time companies within the Fairpoint Group PLC or trusted third parties that we work with are able to offer products and services which complement the range of legal services that we offer and that may be of interest to you; should you wish to opt-in to receiving these communications you can email: email@example.com.
Simpson Millar LLP are unable to guarantee that e-mails sent by you will be received by us or that any e-mails sent by us will be received by you. We are further unable to guarantee the security of e-mails passing between you and Simpson Millar LLP or between Simpson Millar LLP and you. In the event that you are concerned about the security of e-mail correspondence you can telephone or write to us.
Unless we are required to disclose personal information by law, under any regulatory process or in pursuit of delivering the product or service requested by you we will keep your personal information confidential.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to receive details of the personal information we hold about you following payment of a fee. If you would like to see that information or if you are concerned that the information we hold may be incorrect please contact:
Simpson Millar LLP
21-27 St Paul’s Street
T: 0345 357 9000 or 0113 306 2835
Email: Paul Bradley
Our Data Protection Registration Number: Z643724X