Shirley Oaks Children's Home, Lambeth
Opened in 1904, the 70-acre Shirley Oaks site included cottages where children under Lambeth Council's care were looked after by house mothers and fathers.
There was also a school, swimming pool, sick bay and playing fields on site, which was set up by the Bermondsey Board of Guardians.
When the London Boroughs were formed in 1965, Lambeth took over Shirley Oaks.
It ran the home for 18 years until it closed in 1983.
In 2001, Philip Temple and William Hook, who worked at the home, were convicted of child sex offences which occurred at Shirley Oaks.
Temple, a former social worker and Catholic priest who abused 13 children over more than two decades, including victims at Shirley Oaks, was jailed for 12 years and then had a further four years added to his sentence in October 2015.
Hook was jailed in for ten years after he pleaded guilty to 26 charges of sexual abuse on boys aged 10 and 16 while working as a swimming instructor at south London care homes, including Shirley Oaks.
In 2016, SOSA published an explosive report which claimed that at least 60 paedophiles were involved in the systematic abuse of 700 children at Shirley Oaks.
SOSA's report claims that abuse took place from the 1950s to the 1980s and its "findings" are based on the "volume and consistency" of accounts given by former residents who grew up at Shirley Oaks.
Lambeth Council has since acknowledged "very serious historic failings" and apologised to those abused in its care.
The Council announced the opening of a compensation scheme for victims in January 2018 to run for 2 years until the end of December 2019