During childhood and old age, people put their trust in others to care for them. Sadly sometimes this trust is abused. If you suffered abuse when you were a child or you believe that an elderly relative has suffered abuse then it’s natural to want to seek justice.
It can take a long time to feel ready to talk about the abuse you have suffered and reporting abuse takes courage. That’s why when you contact Simpson Millar to talk about your experiences, we’re ready to listen. We have a team of experienced solicitors who specialise in abuse cases, including several of the UK’s leading abuse solicitors. And whilst their knowledge and expertise is second-to-none, they are also compassionate, understanding and easy to talk to. Our solicitors understand how difficult it is for someone to talk about the abuse they have suffered. We do everything we can to make it as stress free as possible. We can give you the help and support you need to achieve the justice and compensation that you deserve.
The head of our child abuse department, which was set up in 1994, is the founder and president of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers (ACAL). ACAL is a claimant based organisation of compensation abuse lawyers dedicated to raising the standards of advice through training and support.
Talking to us is the important first step in seeking justice. Many people feel immense relief after making that first contact. In the first instance you won’t need to tell us all the details of what happened but we’ll guide you with some simple questions so that we can assess your case and plan the next steps.
If you would like to talk about your experiences, or those of a relative, you can call us for a free and confidential initial conversation with a dedicated abuse solicitor. Together we’ll identify if you have a case and can answer any questions you may have about the process.
What Kinds Of Abuse Cases Do We Handle?
- Child Abuse Claims
- Elderly Abuse Claims
- Religious Abuse Claims
- Domestic Abuse Claims
- Public Body Claims
- Human Rights
Abuse can take place in many different locations from the home to a residential care home, or whilst the child is in the care of any public body or institution.
We sue individual abusers, their employers, foster parents, operators of children’s homes and schools, social services departments which placed children in care, or failed to protect children being abused at home, religious organisations and charitable foundations.
Do I Have a Claim?
- Fill in our enquiry form (click here)
- Call our helpline: 0845 604 7075
- Frequently Asked Questions including how much compensation you will receive
At Simpson Millar our specialist abuse solicitors do everything they can to keep our clients' distress to a minimum and to support them during the course of their case, with practical help and guidance. We're experienced in managing claims and successfully claiming compensation in abuse cases, particularly in group action cases involving a number of individuals who have suffered in a similar way.
Who Pays For My Claim?
We will advise you on the funding for your claim. If we think you have a good claim, we will find a way to fund it for you.
Why Choose Us?
- Our expert solicitors are members of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers and the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.
- We are not new to this area of law; our abuse department was established in 1995.
- We offer a personal bespoke service which means that you will have a dedicated experienced solicitor working on your case.
- Elderly war veteran received settlement after being the victim of theft at the hands of carers.
- Client abused by foster mother awarded £146,000.
- Client is awarded maximum £500k under Criminal Injuries Scheme.
- Client abused at boarding school awarded £18,000 .
- £75,000 settlement for client abused in children's home.
Experienced Team of Abuse Lawyers
Our solicitors can give you the help and support you need to achieve the justice you deserve.
Take your abuser to Court?
Do you have a claim?
If you would like us to contact you, choose email, or telephone, and we will give you a free, no obligation opinion, upon whether or not we think you have a case. It is then up to you whether you want to carry on.
Get Free Advice
Q: Has a friend or family member been abused physically, sexually or emotionally?
Q: Have you ever worked in Local Authority, in a Children’s Home, Repsite Centre or Care Home and witnessed abuse?
Q: Have you been too afraid to tell anyone or worried about the consequences?
Read our FREE ADVICE.
Contact us in complete confidence
LATEST NEWS/BLOGSVIEW ALL -
- 16 July 2018 by Claire Donoghue, in Abuse NewsCharities say landmark case will impact the rights of thousands of abuse victims...READ MORE +
- 26 June 2018 by Claire Donoghue, in Child Abuse,Child Sexual Exploitation NewsA Blackpool couple are currently on trial for multiple accusations of historical...READ MORE +
- 05 June 2018 by Peter Garsden, in Abuse NewsCardinal George Pell, a high ranking official in the Vatican, will stand trial f...READ MORE +